- investigate the emergence of Neocartography and develop a web site to act as a shop window and reference point for researchers and practitioners in this area
- organise sessions at future ICA conferences (commencing with ICC2013 in Dresden) and collaborate and with representatives of other disciplines and ICA Commissions in meetings and seminars (eg Maps and Society)
- organize specialist conferences/workshops on topics related to Neocartography. These would be local meetings to encourage ICA participation from groups who might not normally do so
- encourage publication in this area, specifically publication in what may be considered traditional cartography journals – such as the Cartographical Journal, Society of Cartographers Bulletin, and Cartographica
- support research into, creation of, and dissemination of information about appropriate web-tools
- hold joint meetings with mapping and allied communities. In the first four years these might focus upon participatory community mapping and map design.
[seeking a possible 2nd vice-chair].